Choose the Healthiest Treats for your Dog with these Easy Steps
Everyone loves a treat, whether it be a chocolate or just a small piece of cookie. It is difficult to resist such things, especially for the ones who have a sweet tooth. Similar is the case with our dogs. They too love their treats and can’t stop barking or howling until they get them.
While we may get conscious about our sugar intake, dogs are the least concerned about the same. But that’s what we are here for. As pet parents, we are the ones who need to take care of our dog’s treats and what they eat. Thus, here’s a blog listing steps that you can follow while choosing the healthiest treats for your dog.
Steps to Choose the Right Treat
Follow these steps and get your dog the healthiest treat they deserve.
- Make treats yourself. This is the best way to assure that the treats you feed your dog are the healthiest. You can dehydrate, bake or cook the organic pieces of meat to give away as treats.
- Avoid buying treat packs mentioning “Made in China” or any other country that has lower to zero standards for quality.
- Avoid cheap treats. A pound of dehydrated treats requires about 10 times more than the normal amount of ingredients. Hence, if you find a pack of treats costing $10 a pound, they could surely be compromising on the quality.
- Double-check while giving fish treats. Companies manufacturing such treats do not mention all the preservatives on the pack. Thus, feeding too many fish treats can bring trouble like strontium contamination.
- Avoid too many salmon treats. Salmon is a great source of nutrients. However, it can also contain some levels of mercury which can be harmful to dogs. Thus, be sure not to feed too many salmon treats.
Buying treats from a reliable source also makes a difference as it assures quality. Thus, next time when you plan to buy treats for your dog, do not forget to check our products on Paws Food Express in Houston, Texas. Contact us now for more information.